- 3 cups cole slaw mix
- 1/2 cup Roquefort blue cheese
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- splash of vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/2 Tbsp. of sugar (optional)
1. Place the slaw mix in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add mayo a little bit at a time and toss to combine. Add just enough mayo to lightly coat all of the slaw. Add vinegar or lemon juice. Add 1/2 of the blue cheese or more or less depending on taste. You may not use all of the mayo and blue cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- boneless catfish fillets, cut into thirds
- 3 Tbsp. low country or blackening seasoning
- all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- splash milk
- cornmeal, about 2 cups
- canola oil
- rolls, split, buttered and toasted
1. Using paper towels, pat the fish dry. Rub fish with the seasoning on both sides.
2. Place flour in one dish. In a separate dish, mix together eggs and milk. In a third dish place the cornmeal.
3. Lightly coat the fish with the flour until there are no bare spots. Next, dip the fish into the egg mixture then into the cornmeal. Coat fish with cornmeal until evenly coated, pressing to ensure the cornmeal adheres to the fish.
4. Heat a frying pan over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, add enough canola oil to generously coat the bottom of the pan.
5. When the oil is hot, add the fish in batches, making sure not to overcrowd the pan. Cook, flipping once, until the fish is golden brown and has reached an internal temperature of 130°.
6. Remove the fish from the pan and place on a cooling rack over a sheet pan.
7. Top buns with a piece of catfish and a mound of blue cheese slaw, eat. Repeat. Eat one more. Take nap.