Black Bean and Corn Pico with Tequila-Lime Avocado Cream Sauce
- 1/2 cup tomatoes seeded and diced (preferably Roma, Plum, or Campari)
- 1/2 cup of corn kernels (canned absolutely works)
- 1/2 cup canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Red onion diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped (optional)
- 1 fresh jalapeño seeded and diced (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
Chop and Mix!
- 3 avocados peeled and halved
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup tequila (less or more to taste)
- 1 cup creme fraiche (other options are sour cream, cream cheese, or heavy cream whipped)
- 1 clove garlic peeled, pressed, grated or minced (optional)
1. Pureé avocados, limes, tequila.
2. Fold in Creme Fraiche (or any of the others you choose to use)
3. Add garlic, and season to taste.