- Celebrity hairstylist John Barrett
John Barrett Salon at Bergdorf Goodman in New York
- Colorist Shane Talbott
- The Laura Mercier team of makeup artists
- Marshall Field's in Chicago for all the clothes
111 N. State Street
- Le Mystere Tisha Bra
Visit www.lemystere.com for more information.
- Susan Nethero helps women find the right bra size at her Intimacy stores in New York City, Chicago and Atlanta. Visit their website to find a fitting location near you.
Get her best bra buying advice.
- What Not to Wear airs on BBC America. Visit www.bbcamerica.com for more information.
- Joe's Jeans
- What You Wear Can Change Your Life
- What Not to Wear for Every Occasion
- What Not to Wear
All women lose firmness as they get older—so do their bras. "When you buy a bra," Susan says, "make sure it fits you in the loosest hook. That way you can tighten the bra to the second and third hook as the bra ages and retain the firmness and the lift."
Where to Wear Your Bra
According to Susan, the perfect position for your breasts is midway between your shoulders and your elbows. And your bra should be level front to back. Susan says most women wear their bra bands too high on their torsos and throw their measurements off. "Most women," Susan says, "keep going up in the back [increasing their band size] instead of getting a deeper cup. We want to keep the back lean and small so we can lift the bust. [The bra band is] like a bridge, if it's properly planted at the base, it can lift."
Susan says there are obvious clues your bra is the wrong size:
If your cups runneth over, it's time to go up a cup size.
If your cups dimple, it's time to go down a cup size.
If you have the dreaded back fat, you probably think your bra is too tight, but you're wrong—your bra is too big. Wearing the bra lower on your back with a smaller band size will completely eliminate the back fat.
If your strap falls down, that means your bra band is riding up and you probably need to go down a band size.
Susan Nethero helps women find the right bra size at her Intimacy stores in New York City, Chicago and Atlanta. Visit their website to find out what size bra you should be wearing and find a fitting location near you.