Questions to Ask Before You Marry
- Are you working in your chosen profession?
- How many hours a week do you work?
- What is your dream job?
- What is your retirement plan? What do you plan to do when you stop working?
- What does your job entail? (For example: Do you often travel for business, work at home or perform dangerous tasks?)
- What is your annual income?
- Should individuals within a marriage have separate bank accounts in addition to joint accounts?
- Do you have significant debts?
- Do you believe in establishing a family budget?
- How important is it for you to make a lot of money?
- What sexual activities do you enjoy most? Are there specific sexual acts that make you uncomfortable? Be specific!
- Do you feel comfortable initiating sex? If yes, why? If no, why?
- What do you need in order to be in the mood for sex?
- How often do you need or expect sex?
- Is sexual fidelity an absolute necessity in a good marriage?
- Do you want children? When? How many? Are you unable to have children?
- Do you believe that children should be raised with some religious or spiritual foundation?
- How important is it to you that your children are raised near your extended family?
- Do you believe in spanking a child? What type of discipline do you believe in (time outs, standing in the corner, taking away privileges, etc.)?
- Should boys be treated the same as girls? Should they have the same rules for conduct? Should you have the same expectations for their sexual behavior?
- Do you believe in God? What does that mean to you?
- Do you have a current religious affiliation? Is it a big part of your life?
- Does your religion impose any behavioral restrictions (dietary, social, familial, sexual) that would affect your partner?
- How important is it to you for your partner to share your religious beliefs?
- How important is it to you for your children to be raised in your religion?
- The Cake Girls
- LaSalle Flower Shop
- House of Brides