Oprah's Book Club Say You're One of Them Webcast Video Archive
Did you miss the live webcast? Want to watch Oprah's Book Club discussion again? Watch the full webcast on demand now or download the video to watch later. Plus, you can check out short video highlights!Oprah's Book Club Say You're One of Them Webcast with Uwem Akpan
Watch Oprah and Uwem Akpan and their in-depth discussion of Akpan's powerful collection of short stories, Say You're One of Them. CNN's Anderson Cooper joins the conversation, as well as fellow book club members from around the world.
Or, subscribe to iTunes and have the webcast automatically download.
If you are having difficulty hearing or watching the video above, please try one of these alternative options:
You don't have to wait until you finish the book to watch the entire webcast. Take a look at some of the highlights from Oprah's interview with Uwem Akpan.
- A brief look at what each story is about
- How this book changed Oprah and Anderson Cooper's minds about short stories
- When did Uwem Akpan decide to write fiction?
- Were the characters in "An Ex-Mas Feast" inspired by real children?
- Another way to look at the Christmas celebration in "An Ex-Mas Feast"
- Uwem Akpan on writing from a child's perspective
- Why "Fattening for Gabon" made Oprah want to call Father Uwem
- Is it Yewa's fate to be a victim of child trafficking in "Fattening for Gabon"?
- Who did Uwem Akpan write this book for?
- The secret language of friends in "What Language Is That?"
- How "Luxurious Hearses" depicted the religious conflict in Nigeria
- Seeing the Rwandan genocide through a child's eyes in "My Parents' Bedroom"
- Corneille Nyungura shares his story about surviving the genocide in Rwanda
- The message Uwem Akpan hopes teenagers will get from reading this book
- Uwem Akpan on ending the conflict in Africa
More About Say You're One of Them
Copyright 2009 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Closed-captioning prepared by PeopleSupport which takes sole responsibility for accuracy of transcription. No license is granted to the user of this material other than for research. User may not reproduce any portion of the material except for the user's personal or internal use and, in such case, only one copy may be printed, nor shall user use any material for commercial purposes or in any fashion that may infringe upon Harpo Productions, Inc.'s copyright or proprietary interests in the material.