How to Start a Book Club
Before everyone arrives, take a look at these ideas to help make sure everything runs smoothly. You and the other members will be deciding on a few important issues:
- Who will lead the book club meetings?
- Will it be the same person every time, or the person who suggested the book?
- Is there a price limit to the books you'll be reading? Paperbacks only, for instance?
- Who will keep a record of all the books read, when they were discussed, and who suggested them?
- And if you are meeting in person: Where will subsequent meetings be held? In the same location, at the home of that meeting's leader, or in a community room somewhere else, like a library or bookstore?
- Will refreshments be served? (We certainly enjoy them—try these recipes!) Who will provide them? Will they be connected to the theme of the book being discussed?