Themes in The Road: Where Fiction and Science Meet
You know that Cormac McCarthy won the Pulitzer Prize for literature, but you may not know that he also has an interest in mathematics and science, which he engages as a research fellow at the Santa Fe Institute. Now you can join McCarthy's colleagues from SFI as they explore themes and issues raised in The Road.
- The End of the World: Extinction and Reemergence of Life
- The Struggle for Survival: Conflict and Creativity
- The Golden Rule: Selfishness and Altruism
- Nothing But the Truth: Honesty and Deception in a Complex World
- Like Father, Like Son: Genetic Conflict, Negotiation and Shared Fate
- Man vs. Nature: Co-evolution of Social and Ecological Networks