Exercises for Your Awakening
The best way of assimilating the teachings of A New Earth is through reading and re-reading the book. As Eckhart says on page 6, "As you read, a shift takes place within you."
Some people appreciate tools and practices to help them develop still and alert attention. The following practices can help you "be the change" that Eckhart describes in A New Earth.
Please remember that all practices are, as the Zen teaching says, "the finger pointing at the moon," and not the moon itself. Be easy on yourself (and with the people around you!) as you learn new practices and make changes in your life.
All of the following practices are suited for you alone, or they can be read aloud to a friend or in a group.
- Chapter 1: Free Yourself from Your Mind
- Chapter 2: Listen for the Voice in Your Head
- Chapter 3: Exercises to Help You Grow in Presence
- Chapter 4: Using and Relinquishing Negativity
- Chapter 5: Dissolving the Pain-Body
- Chapter 6: Breaking Free of the Pain-Body
- Chapter 7: Eliminating Time
- Chapter 8: The Breath
- Chapter 9: Connecting to Inner Purpose
- Chapter 10: Awakened Doing