20 Questions with Candace Bushnell
13. What is your greatest fear?
I have nightmares every night, so there's not a lot I fear during the day.
14. What gives you hope about the world today?
At this moment, we may be a little less cruel and violent than we were 1,000 years ago.
15. What is one thing you have always wanted?
Complete and utter comprehension of the world and why we exist.
16. What is your most valued possession?
Like it or not, in the end, it's one's body. It's literally what carries you through life. There's a reason for the saying, "If you have your health, you have everything," and it's true. Old age, disease—these are the great equalizers.
17. What is one book you've been meaning to read?
Swann's Way by Marcel Proust. But every time I pick it up, I read 10 pages and mysteriously hate it.
18. What is your favorite food?
I'm half Italian, so salami, pepperoni, prosciutto, onions and peppers, cheese, all that stuff.
19. What is your secret guilty pleasure?
Sometimes I want to be on The Real Housewives of New York. I want to remind them to figure out how to get along and support each other.
20. How would you like to be remembered?
I'd like the world "swell" to be included.
More on Sex and the City