Plan Your Trip to New York City
GETTING TO NEW YORK CITY
Need help with flights and hotels? We have all of the information to help you make travel arrangements for New York City.
- LaGuardia and JFK are the two NYC area airports. Newark Airport in New Jersey is also very convenient, however, a taxi into New York City will incur an additional fee for crossing the state border.
- Location is important. A hotel in Midtown, NYC will be the most convenient walking to the weekend venues: Gotham Hall, the Javits Center, Radio City Music Hall and Times Square.
WHERE TO STAY
This exclusive offer is available Thursday, May 6th through Monday, May 11th 2010 and can only be booked by clicking on the link below or by calling 1-800-HILTONS and mentioning plan code ZU or ZU1. Offer is subject to availability; other restrictions may apply.
Click here for this Hilton offer
Hilton New York —plan code ZU
Millenium Hilton—plan code ZU
Doubletree Guest Suites® Times Square—plan code ZU1
Doubletree ® Metropolitan Hotel New York City—plan code ZU1
Embassy Suites Hotel® New York City—plan code ZU1
Hampton Inn® Manhattan Times Square—plan code ZU1
Hilton Garden Inn® New York/West 35th Street—plan code ZU
Hilton Garden Inn® Times Square—plan code ZU
The Waldorf Astoria—plan code ZU
MAKE SURE YOU PACK...
No idea what to bring? Here's a checklist of helpful tips to help you organize all of your necessities so you can be on your way to an unforgettable weekend!
- Bring clothes that can be layered and removed depending on the weather; average temperatures in May can range from 53 – 71 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make sure you have an easy-to-carry umbrella for any unexpected spring showers!
- Comfortable shoes and clothing for walking around New York City, our Lifeshops event on Saturday and the Live Your Best Life Walk on Sunday are a necessity.
- Festive attire is recommended for Saturday evening with Oprah at Radio City Music Hall. Think fun dresses and skirts, or nice pants with a dressy top.
- A camera is a must-have! Be sure to capture all of your best moments.
- Single dollar bills are great for tipping or grabbing quick snacks from a street vendor (Gratuities in NYC are not usually included: for taxi drivers tip 15 percent of fare, bellhops $1 per bag and coat check attendants $1 per coat)
- Don't forget to leave some extra room in your suitcase! You'll want to bring back weekend memorabilia and NYC souvenirs
NYC, OTHER THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Here are some fun facts and exclusive offers for our Live Your Best Life Weekend event in NYC.
- Did you know that all of Manhattan is only 13 miles long and 2 and a half miles wide?
- Walking 20 city blocks, or approximately 5 avenues, is equivalent to 1 mile
- Subways and taxis are great for transportation around the city and both accept cash, credit and debit cards.
- If you have a hard time finding a taxi, walk to a nearby hotel, the bellman can help you flag a cab!
- There are over 80 museums in New York City and most offer discounts for students and senior citizens.
- Smoking is not permitted in any bars, restaurants or venues in NYC
- NYC & Company has some special offers for Live Your Best Life Weekend attendees for various restaurants and attractions. To print out a list please click here.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER NOW
For more information about LYBL Weekend 2010, please read our FAQs