Do I Need Flood Insurance?

If you live in a designated flood zone, your mortgage lender will require you to purchase flood insurance when you buy your house. Even if you're in a low-risk area, you may want to consider such a policy. Standard homeowners insurance doesn't cover any type of flood damage, whether it's caused by a large-scale natural disaster or melting snow.
Please note: This is general information and is not intended to be legal advice. You should consult with your own financial advisor before making any major financial decisions, including investments or changes to your portfolio, and a qualified legal professional before executing any legal documents or taking any legal action. Harpo Productions, Inc., OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, Discovery Communications LLC and their affiliated companies and entities are not responsible for any losses, damages or claims that may result from your financial or legal decisions.


Next Story