Easy Ways to Make Your Home More Welcoming for Guests
A welcome station provides an opportunity for someone to locate friends or fill a small plate with goodies as they get to know other guests.
- Place a table near the front entry to welcome guests with a few simple snacks as they arrive. This invitation gives each guest a place to go right away and a chance to feel comfortable and connected as they enter your home.
- If possible, locate the table near the hooks or bowl you have set out for people to place their keys, purses, and other odds and ends.
- Make it festive. This station can be a great spot to bring in color and creativity. For example, margarita glasses can make salsa or dips feel extra celebratory.
- Hang up a welcome sign or banner or write your own special welcome message on a chalkboard.
- If you have access to one, create your own station using a dresser or buffet unit. Then store and access the supplies and treats you need for the welcome and goodbye. Easy!
Reprinted from Simple Gatherings. Copyright © 2017 by Melissa Michaels. Published by Harvest House Publishers.