The Top 8 Things You Can Do for Your Body, Mind and Soul
At the Refrigerator:
- Put the healthiest items on the middle shelf, where you're most likely to pick from, according to research in the Journal of Marketing.
- Indulgent foods go in opaque containers. You're less likely to reach for what you can't see.
- Pre-clean and cut fruits and vegetables so they're ready to grab when you open the door.
In Your Cabinets:
- Toss foods with sugar listed among the first three ingredients, including those ending in "ose" (added sugars) and "ol" (sugar alcohols). Leave yourself a favorite treat or two so you don't feel deprived.
- Swap refined carbs for whole grains. It'll help keep your energy levels on an even keel.
A few other stories to read before you clean house:
The 7 Saltiest Foods to Avoid
15 Foods You Had No Idea Were Mostly Sugar
The 4 Worst Foods for Your Skin