The Skincare Routines of 5 Top Dermatologists
Photo: Courtesy of Jessica Wu
Her skin issue: Eczema, which means she's careful about using overly drying products or cleansers that might strip the natural oils off her skin, which can lead to flare-ups.
1. "I don't always cleanse in the morning," says Wu. "Usually I just splash my face with lukewarm water in the shower, but if I'm feeling oily, I'll wash with Bioderma Micellar Water."
2. Next, Wu uses Robin McGraw Revelation OMG Is This Really Me Serum [disclosure: Wu recently became the chief medical advisor for Robin McGraw Revelation], which she applies anywhere she's starting to notice crepey-ness and fine lines—under the eyes, on the smile lines and the upper lip, in particular.
3. Sunscreen isn't an everyday must for Wu, because "I leave for the office before the sun is up and I'm there until 7 p.m." But on the weekends, she uses the Vichy Ideal Soleil Stick SPF 50+. "It's waterproof and doesn't budge," she says.
1. Wu wears foundation and eye makeup daily, so the first thing she does at night is use the Bioderma Micellar Water to take everything off. "I get five round cotton pads, soak them with the water, then use the first two to take off my eye makeup, then the third and fourth to take off the rest of my makeup, and I use the fifth pad as a toner. It leaves my skin soft and clean but not stripped," she says.
2. On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, Wu applies a thin layer of a prescription tretinoin called Renova. "It stimulates collagen production and helps control my oil and monthly hormonal breakouts," she says.
Extras Once a week, Wu does a deeper cleanse using Cerave Hydrating Cleanser and a konjac sponge like the Boscia Cleansing Sponge. "You can also find them at your local Asian food store for about $2," she says. Then, every two to three weeks, if her skin is really dry or she feels an eczema flare coming on, she'll apply the hydrating SK-II Facial Treatment Mask.
Want more stories like this delivered to your inbox? Sign up for the Oprah.com Healthy Body Newsletter!