The Skincare Routines of 5 Top Dermatologists
Her skin issue: Minimizing the signs of aging. In addition to consistent sunscreen use and topical retinoids, "I've had noninvasive radiofrequency tightening treatments and dermal fillers regularly over the last few years to address concerns like eye bags and sagging skin," says Chapas. "I also really like laser resurfacing, which removes damaged skin cells and replaces them with new ones."
1. After she gets out of the shower, Chapas applies Neocutis Micro Firm Neck & Décolleté Rejuvenating Complex to her neck and chest to firm the area and reduce the appearance of "dreaded neck lines," she says.
2. Next, she washes her face with a mild cleanser like Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, then uses antioxidant-rich SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic, "which not only provides some SPF," she says, "but it also helps undo sun damage like discoloration."
3. She follows up that serum with Restorsea Renormalizing Serum, which exfoliates to help even out pigmentation, and tops it all with SkinCeuticals Blemish + Age Defense on her T-zone to unclog and minimize pores.
4. At some point before she leaves the house, Chapas also puts on EltaMD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 46. "It can go anywhere in the routine because physically blocking sunscreens, like this one, don't have to be absorbed into the skin to be effective," she says.
1. After washing her face with Cetaphil again, Chapas applies SkinMedica Retinol Complex 0.5 to reduce fine lines and even out skin tone.
2. The morning's chest-and-neck cream gets a second use, this time as Chapas's nightly moisturizer.