Whatever you're planning, this mostly make-ahead menu will suit the occasion perfectly. All of the elements are light, fresh and supremely adaptable—move the buffet to a different room or just change the table setting, and you'll be ready for anything from a best friend's bridal shower to a Sunday brunch for Mom.
Prepare your feast with this handy guide on what to make when.
Preview this memorable brunch menu.
Two Days Ahead
- Toast coconut and almonds for cupcake toppings.
- Make Lemon Curd cupcake filling, and Green Sauce for the salmon.
The Day Before
- Make base for Lavender Lemonade or brew the tea for the Iced Tea. Chill wine.
- Blanche vegetables for Chopped Spring Salad. Store in fridge in plastic bags lined with paper towels.
- Bake Vanilla Cupcakes.
- Make Vanilla-Bean Buttercream frosting and Chocolate Ganache. Refrigerate frosting; store ganache at room temperature.
- Prepare Puffy Mashed Potatoes and store in refrigerator.
- Poach Salmon Fillets and store in refrigerator.
- Make, but do not trim, Tea Sandwiches. Chill in refrigerator.
On the Day
- Finish drink prep for Peach Bellinis, Iced Tea or Lavender Lemonade.
- Set out cupcakes' toppings and fillings (Vanilla-Bean Buttercream and Lemon Curd for the cupcakes can be kept in refrigerator until an hour before serving.)
Two Hours Before
One Hour Before
- Bake the Puffy Mashed Potatoes.
- Drizzle or toss Chopped Spring Salad with dressing.
- Set out Poached Salmon Fillets—they can be served warm or at room temperature.