Vietnamese PB&J Sandwich Recipe
- 2 slices white sandwich bread
- 2 Tbsp. chunky peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. mint jelly
- 1/3 cucumber, cut into thin half moons
- 1 Tbsp. thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tsp. distilled white vinegar
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. fish sauce (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. salt
To make cucumber salad:
In a medium bowl, mix cucumber, onion, vinegar, oil, fish sauce, garlic and salt. Let marinate at least 10 minutes. Salad will keep, covered, up to 3 days in refrigerator. Makes 1 1/2 cup.
To make sandwich:
Spread peanut butter on one slice of bread and mint jelly on the other. Top one side with 1/2 cup cucumber salad and save the rest of the salad for a second sandwich. Because you will definitely want another.