Turkey Burgers with Coleslaw and Gruyere Recipe
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. whole grain mustard
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1 3/4 pounds ground turkey, preferably a mix of dark and white meat, shaped into 4 (4 1/2 to 5-inch) patties
- 1/2 tsp. finely ground black pepper
- Canola oil, for greasing
- 1/4 pound Gruyère cheese, sliced
- 4 hamburger rolls, such as challah buns, split
- 2 cups thinly sliced red or green cabbage, or a mix of both
DirectionsTotal time: 30 minutes
Note: For a twist on traditional coleslaw, shred Brussels sprouts on a box grater and use in place of the cabbage.
Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, sugar and 1/2 tsp. salt; set dressing aside.
Season turkey patties all over with remaining 1 tsp. each salt and pepper. Carefully grease grill grates with oil, arrange patties on grill, and cook, flipping once, until deep golden brown and cooked through, about 10 minutes. During the last few minutes of cooking, top burgers with cheese and toast buns on grill until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
Add cabbage to reserved dressing and toss well. Arrange burgers on buns, top with slaw, and serve.