Roasted Salmon with Raw Corn and Green Onion Relish
- 1 large side of salmon (about 4 pounds), bones removed, cut into 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 ears corn , shucked or 1 bag (10 ounces) frozen corn , thawed
- 4 scallions , chopped, both green and white parts
- 1 small clove garlic , minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon , minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 lemon), plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt , plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper , plus more to taste
To make relish: Stand each ear of corn on its larger end in a shallow baking pan, holding the tapered end with your non-cutting hand. Using a sharp knife, slice kernels off from top to bottom; transfer kernels to a large bowl. Add remaining relish ingredients. Toss to combine. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Place salmon on a serving platter and top each piece with corn relish. Serve additional relish in a bowl on the side.