Bob Greene's Roasted Root Vegetable French Fries Recipe
- 4 parsnips, peeled, cored, and chopped into long 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 1 rutabaga, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch-thick pieces
- 2 medium turnips, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into long 1/2-inch-thick pieces
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Lightly coat the vegetables with cooking spray and toss with the rosemary in a large bowl.
Place the vegetables on a sheet pan and place in the oven. Bake until browned, about 20 minutes, tossing regularly.
Remove from the oven and season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Nutritional InformationPer serving: 144 calories, 3 grams protein, 34 grams carbohydrate, 8 grams dietary fiber, 11 grams sugar, 1 gram total fat, 0 grams saturated fat, 0 milligrams cholesterol, 89 milligrams calcium, 151 milligrams sodium.
From The Best Life Diet Cookbook by Bob Greene. Copyright © 2009 by the Bestlife Corporation. Reprinted by permission of Simon & Schuster, Inc.