Fresh Tuna-Vegetable Wraps Recipe
Try this tuna-vegetable wrap for a protein-packed meal with a kick.
- ½ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. Sriracha sauce
- ½ tsp. dark sesame oil
- ½ tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces fresh tuna
- 1 tsp. salt
- 8 large Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- ½ cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 1 cup Napa cabbage, shredded
- 2 scallions, green part only, sliced on the bias
- 12 sprigs cilantro
Combine all Sriracha-sesame sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk well. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
Preheat oven to 375°. Place tuna in a shallow baking dish, season with salt, and coat with olive oil. Bake 15 to 20 minutes. Remove tuna from oven, flake into large pieces, and cool 30 minutes.
Make 4 stacks of 2 lettuce leaves and top each with 1 Tbsp. sauce, 1/4 of the tuna, and remaining vegetables before rolling leaves around filling.
Adapted from True Food: Seasonal, Sustainable, Simple, Pure (Little, Brown), by Andrew Weil, MD, and Sam Fox, with Michael Stebner.
More Healthy Recipes