Chipotle Bean-Stuffed Roasted Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 4 (8-ounce) sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 chopped chipotle chilies in adobo
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp. finely grated lime zest
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- ¼ tsp. salt.
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
Active time: 20 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Preheat oven to 375°. Prick sweet potatoes with a fork and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until tender, about 1 hour.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat oil over low heat. Add garlic and cook until golden, 2 minutes. Add chilies, beans, and water and simmer over medium heat, stirring a few times, until thick, 10 minutes.
Add lime zest and juice and season with salt. Split reserved sweet potatoes, fill with chipotle beans, and top each with sour cream and cilantro.