Artichoke and Oyster Mushroom Rockefeller
- 6 Tbsp. vegan margarine (try Earth Balance)
- 6 Tbsp. spinach leaves , finely minced
- 3 Tbsp. onion , finely minced
- 3 Tbsp. parsely , finely minced
- 5 Tbsp. homemade bread crumbs
- Tabasco sauce , to taste
- 1/2 tsp. Aniseed flavored spirit (try Herbsaint or Pernod)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 whole artichokes , steamed
- Rock salt
- 1/2 pound oyster mushrooms , pan-roasted and seasoned with nori flakes
- Lemon wedges for garnish
In a large sauté pan, melt the margarine. Add the spinach, onion, parsley, bread crumbs, Tabasco sauce, spirit, and salt. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and press the spinach mixture to remove excess liquid.
Remove the artichoke leaves from the steamed artichoke and lay out on an ovenproof plate set in rock salt. Place one oyster mushroom in each leaf and spoon an equal amount of the spinach mixture over each mushroom.
Broil for three minutes, being careful not to let the artichoke leaves burn.