This Is Exactly What You Should Wear to the Airport
Travel outfits have to walk a fine line between stylish and comfortable. You’ll want to select items suited for a long day of travel, but that can also be worn during your trip and your return journey home. Lightweight layers will keep you cozy and chic at the same time.
1. Ponte leggings or stretchy jeans will allow for maximum comfort.
2. A cotton tank breathes and provides an additional layer or extra warmth.
3. A long-sleeved T-shirt is just the right weight, whether your flight is chilly or warm.
4. A blazer or cardigan will keep you warm and add extra polish to your outfit while doubling as a great outerwear piece when arriving at your destination.
5. A large scarf can be used as a fashion piece or an in-flight blanket.
6. Compression or cashmere socks keep you warm and are better than bare feet while going through security.
Hint: Pack a clean T-shirt and underwear in your in-flight bag if you’re taking an overnight flight. After a long trip, these changes will help you feel fresh. Also pack a baggie for your dirty ones!
Excerpted with permission from How to Pack, by Hitha Palepu. Copyright © 2017 by Hitha Palepu. Published by Clarkson Potter.