Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to some burning questions...
- How were the people getting a Big Give chosen for Episode 1?
- Were contestants able to use Oprah's name to get people to give big?
- If you had cameras there already, why did the 10 contestants act so shocked when Oprah called to say they were chosen to be on Oprah's Big Give?
- Did Jamie Oliver cook for the crew?
- Do you have a favorite contestant?
- Were you ever frustrated by the ideas the contestants came up with to give big?
- Why did you choose to eliminate contestants?
- How did the three guys raise $293,000 in less than 48 hours?
- How did Kim end up on the radio station?
- How did Carlana raise the money for the Cobb family?
- Were the contestants really on their own?
- Who paid the taxes on the cars?
- How did Angelo find Jason?
- We didn't see all of the contestants give their cars away. What about the rest of the cars?
- What is the Big Give challenge next week?
- Why did team Forgotten Christmas give the students described as the "poorest of the poor" toys, when they may have other needs?
- How were the schools chosen in Houston?
- Why was Carlana eliminated from this episode?
- Doesn't having a celebrity make it easier to give back?
- Why weren't the contestants allowed to give away any cash and restricted to spending no more than $500 on any one person and only up to $10,000 at one place?
- If you weren't able to partner up in this challenge, how did Stephen get to work with his father?
- Why didn't Eric just pay for Ralph White's funeral while he was there?
- What were some of the supplies that Rachael gave the Christopher Ricardo Cystic Fibrosis Foundation?
- During that scene when Stephen and his father were handing out things like iPods, computers and printers in the Miami neighborhood, how did the $500 rule per person work?
- Why was Eric sent home from this episode, when Brandi, Cameron and Rachael gave away less money?