Photo: Countdown Entertainment, LLC
1 of 5
The Times Square Celebration
- 60,000: The most wishes the Times Square Alliance has received in a given year. The wishes, written on colorful scraps of paper, rain down on the celebration with about 1 ton of confetti. (Times Square Alliance and Countdown Entertainment)
- $3,200: The cost per person to get a direct view of the ball drop at the Marriott Marquis's "The Ultimate New Year's Eve Times Square Party"
- 1 million: The number of revelers who come to Times Square to ring in the New Year.
- 127 decibels: The sound of a vuvuzela (fireworks top out at 150 decibels—you can expect both in Times Square).
- 40: The years that Dick Clark led TV viewers across the world into the next year on "New Year's Rockin Eve." This will be the first celebration without the host who passed away in April. Ryan Seacrest will lead the show this year.