It's a dressy season for fashion, starring knockout necklaces, jeweled heels (like this beauty by Brian Atwood), and opulent evening watches with real gems—or more democratically priced faux stones.
1. Day-to-night transitions are no problem for this silvery bracelet watch with a serious black dial and glamorous diamond trim. Citizen, $395
2. Your wrist will glitter in this timepiece, a nonstop blaze of tiny Austrian crystals. Pedre, $90
3. A diamond-edged square on a sleek satin band effortlessly adapts to any outfit. Tiffany & Co.
4. This bold cuff encrusted with chunky imitation stones slides back to reveal a dial-in-hiding (for discreet time checks). Badgley Mischka, $595
5. The Swarovski-crystal-studded strap and case and mother-of-pearl face of this delicate watch perfectly suit the ladylike mood of the season. Armitron, $65
A rich harvest of watches in seasonal oranges—think pumpkins, squash, peak foliage—is spicing up autumn. Try updating your wardrobe by swapping a plain strap or watch face for something from this palette.
1. From the inventors of equestrian chic, a watch embedded in alligator and strung on a leather cord, to tie to a bag or on a wrist. Hermès, $1,950
2. This lizard band fuses color and texture, and there are diamonds and easy-to-see numbers on the dial. David Yurman, $1,850
3. No stolen moments with this golden case—it's in the shape of a tiny lock. Coach, $358
4. A juicy twist on a classic has stylish Roman numerals and a crocodile strap. Cartier
5. A rubber-and-stainless-steel strap gives this well-built watch industrial flair. Izod, $85
6. Handsome and water-resistant to 200 meters, this timepiece trades a sunny strap for a vivid face. Seiko, $425
Printed from Oprah.com on Thursday, December 5, 2013
© 2012 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.