Do you use foundation all over your face or to cover any imaginable flaw, from wrinkles to blemishes? If so, Laura Mercier is here to tell you that you're making a mucho makeup mistake. Read on to learn the dos and don'ts of foundation.Dos
- Do use foundation to even out your skin tone. Applied properly, foundation will help your skin look consistent in color and smooth.
- Do apply foundation only "here and there," just where your skin appears red or uneven in color.
- Do apply foundation by dabbing a bit on key areas and blending it with a damp sponge in a downward and outward motion.
- Don't cover your entire face with foundation like a mask.
- Don't use foundation to cover blemishes. Pimples are oily and slick, so foundation will slide off.
- Don't use foundation to cover wrinkles. It'll sink into the wrinkle, making it look deeper.
You've got foundation covered. Now find out how to hide blemishes, age spots, spider veins and scars