1. Water is your friend. The important thing to remember is to drink it to replenish your insides. Spraying water on the skin to cool off can actually dehydrate it.
2. Use a primer before applying makeup. Primers give the skin a smoother finish and absorb excess oil, which allows the makeup to stay on longer.
3. Switch your foundation for a tinted moisturizer. This is a much more natural way to even out the skin tone without the heaviness of a foundation.
4. Keep your skin protected with SPF. This is imperative for skin protection and should be worn on all parts of the skin exposed to sunlight.
7 never-fail sunscreens
5. Lips need protection too. Protect them with a moisturizer that has SPF. This helps prevent dry, flaky lips that tend to get even more irritated during the warmer months.
6. Go softer on your scent. We have a tendency to sweat when we are hot, which can cause the perfume to smell stronger. Remember this when choosing your summer fragrance.
7. Use a self-tanner for color. We all like a little color during the warmer months. These days, we have many different options for achieving this without having to lay out in the sun. This is a much safer, quicker alternative.
A step-by-step guide to self-tanning without the streaks
8. Embrace the power of the ponytail. This is a style that is always age appropriate and will never go out of style. It also keeps your face and neck much cooler.
Try these 5 beat-the-heat summer updos
9. Wear a big floppy hat and oversize sunglasses. These items add more protection from the skin's worst enemy. A hat is also added protection for colored hair, as the sun can oxidize the hair follicle.
Find the best sunglasses for your face shape
10. Don't be afraid of shine. I believe that that shiny, dewy skin looks like healthy skin. Instead of a setting powder, take away excess oil with blotting papers during the summer.
Makeup artist Damone Roberts may be known as "The Eyebrow King," but we think of him more as a beauty therapist. He's answering your most-asked beauty questions with confidence-boosting solutions that won't break your beauty budget. Ask Damone your question.