Five New Scents
Dolce & Gabbana calls its Fragrance Anthology a collection of five olfactory tarot cards ($65 each; department stores). We spent some time with the deck and divined this important news about your future: It's going to smell spectacular.
From left to right:
— Chandler BurrNext: New scents from Issey Miyake, Marc Jacobs...
- 1 Le Bateleur (The Magician) will remind you of the rich, sweet scent of hot vapor coming off an angel food cake
- 3 L'Impératrice (The Empress) has the delicate smell of a pink rose candy, but gets richer and more mellow as you wear it
- 6 L'Amoureux (The Lovers) conjures a lemon mousse, both tart and sweet
- 10 La Roue de la Fortune (The Wheel of Fortune) smells like a ripe, sweet plum torte
- 18 La Lune (The Moon), most elegant of all, is mysterious and pale, the smell of a garden in the cool dark, of slightly chilled flowers, asleep. It's a perfect scent for fall.