Soledad O'Brien, TV newscaster
O'Brien's straight shape suddenly looks va-va-voom in a gold sheath and leopard-print trenchcoat. "I'd never worn metallics before," says the 43-year-old CNN anchor and special correspondent, "and my trenches are black or navy."
If you're athletic...
- Take the plunge. Deeper necklines create the illusion of more bust.
- Cinch it in. Belts add shape by "carving out" the waist.
- Try gathers and texture. The ruching and gleam on this dress give the body dimension.
- Build curves. Emphasize your top half with a dramatic collar, your hips with a slightly flared skirt.
More: 4 more ways to balance your figure
- Dress sexy. A less voluptuous figure means you can indulge in high-glam fabrics without looking too Las Vegas.