7 New Nail Trends You Must Try
2. The polishes in the China Glaze "Eye Candy" collection ($7; sallybeauty.com) are infused with shimmer particles in a variety of sizes and shapes. The effect: a revolution in glitter. The particles look as if they're sparkling right off your nail (shown here: Material Girl). Shown on model's forefinger.
3. After a second coat of Nails Inc. Magnetic Polish (here, in House of Parliament, $16; sephora.com), hold the polish's cap over each nail. An embedded magnet attracts iron powder in the polish, swirling it into a mesmerizing pattern. Shown on model's middle finger.
4. Love the long-lasting shine of a gel manicure but not the salon time? Stay home and try Revlon Colorstay Longwear Nail Enamel ($8; drugstores), available in 30 shades (here, Red Carpet). Shown on model's ring finger.
5. Equally durable—and pretty—is Nutra Nail Gel Perfect UV-Free Gel-Color; choose from 12 flattering shades like this one, Lily Pink ($12; nutranail.com). Shown on model's pinky finger.
6. Never have we been so happy (preposterously happy!) with a polish remover. Soy Remover Wipes by Priti NYC ($10 for a pack of ten; pritinyc.com) are portable, contain no stinky acetone, moisturize with organic lemongrass oil, and take off every last bit of color. Genius. Shown top right.
7. For a traditional look, consider OPI's latest ($8.50; opi.com for salons; available February 8), a lineup of pinks, neutrals, and a few chic surprises, like this soft seafoam (Thanks a WindMillion). Shown bottom left.
More Ways to Get Gorgeous