In the recesses of your jewelry box, you'll likely find a jumble of classic pearls tangled with chains, rhinestones, and beads—exactly the bold, edgy effect these pieces are striving for.
Clockwise from top left
1. A Swarovski-crystal necklace crossed with graduated faux pearls is by one of this new trend's pioneering designers. Tom Binns, $1,425
2. A pendant of clustered pearls hangs on multiple mixed-metal chains. Jennifer Rose, $220
3. Wire-wrapped pearls and crystals give this cuff an urban, industrial aura. Barbara Rodolitz for Jennifer Miller, $700
4. Justin Giunta, another trailblazing mixologist, accents a waterfall of chains and pearls with a vintage brooch. Subversive Jewelry by Justin Giunta, $780
5. Delicate round links support a necklace of pearls of different shapes and sizes. W/A Studios, $175
6. A lot of necklace for the money: Simulated pearl and crystal strands could be doubled up for even more layering power. ABS, $175
7. Grapelike pearly bunches intertwined with smoky beads make a wonderfully chunky bracelet. Stephen Dweck, $895
8. A ruched satin bib set with large pearls has an almost tribal vibe. Candace Ang at Supplements NY, $210
9. This pearl-crammed oval ring is simply exquisite. Philip Crangi
Printed from Oprah.com on Saturday, May 25, 2013
© 2012 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.