Photo: Bob Hiemstra
Jewelry designers are blinding us with (Earth) science as they turn real geodes—hollow rocks lined with crystals—into stunning wearable art.
Clockwise, from top right:
1. Elegant rosewood cuff set with a geode makes every gesture dramatic. Isharya, $205
2. Irregular amethyst slices seem to float on a square-link necklace. Alexis Bittar, $1,500
3. Pale, pristine oval earrings are actual stones cracked open to reveal their glittering insides. Kimberly McDonald
4. A chunk of quartz perched on a modern sterling silver setting is like sculpture for your finger. Dannijo, $575
5. The rough magic of a small, craggy pendant—at a great price—will rock your spring clothes. Club Monaco, $69
6. A simple top is the best backdrop for this dramatic 24kt-gold-wrapped medallion on a hammered bronze chain. Devon Leigh, $750
From the May 2009 issue of O, The Oprah Magazine
We Hear You!