Photo: Lara Robby
Shoes with a glamorous presence can make a simple dress look brilliant. These fancy pairs could dance, stand, or sit prettily all night.
Clockwise, from top left
1. Metallics are the new neutrals, so a slingback with a gilt complex is beyond useful. Steve Madden, $90.
2. As beetlemania creeps into fashion, insect motifs—like the bug poised on this satin shoe—are generating buzz. D&G, $620.
3. A soigné heel with a sparkling personality proves that "diamonds" are still best-friend material. Jessica Simpson Collection, $89.
4. Zips are in, if only as trim. A gold lamé flat goes from work to the after-5 social whirl. Christian Siriano for Payless, $30.
5. Emerald satin is wrapped and tied into one attractive package. Kate Spade New York, $325.
6. Joy to the world of boot devotees: an evening pair, complete with peep-toes and faceted gems. Report Signature, $325.
More Holiday Fashion: Party outfits you can wear to the office
From the December 2009 issue of O, The Oprah Magazine
We Hear You!