Gorgeous Wedding Hair
While a major part of a bride's dream wedding is a spectacular gown, a beautifully romantic hairstyle is an essential ingredient of the bridal fantasy. I begin with my clients by asking them to close their eyes and remember how they looked when they dreamed of this very day. After all, your dream is coming true.
See Ken's wedding styles for Carmen Electra, Marley Shelton, Jessica Simpson and Christina Applegate!
Celebrity Bridal Hair Secrets
Today is your greatest red carpet moment. As soon as you select a date, you should begin selecting a hairstyle.
- As you look through bridal magazines for dresses, pay attention to hairstyles and save the pages of those you like. This will help you communicate with your stylist, even if in one photo it is the style you like and in another it may be the texture or veil placement.
- Choose a stylist that you feel comfortable with and that knows your hair. If your regular stylist doesn't feel comfortable doing "wedding hair" have him/her recommend a stylist who works well with your hair type.
- When choosing your style you should take many things into consideration, such as weather, climate of location, as well as the style of your dress. For example if you have naturally curly hair that tends to frizz and you're having a summer wedding outside, choose a style that works with the humidity. If your dress has an old Hollywood flair you may want to experiment with high glamour!
- Remember that you will look back at these memories for the rest of you life. Your wedding hair should be timeless and modern but not trendy. You should also be very comfortable with your style...remember confidence equals beauty.
- Now that you feel great about your hairstyle, what about those bridesmaids? A wedding is like a mini fashion show. One thing that helps fashion shows look so spectacular is that there is a common theme to all the models' hair. For example Jessica Simpson's wedding hair was romantic, so we chose a "wavy, romantic texture" for all of her bridesmaids, but styled them all differently to express their special uniqueness. Having this common element helps keep the look of the wedding chic and elegant.
Learn more about Ken.