Let your fingers do the talking with an eloquent statement ring. One is plenty, and to avoid looking as if you just lucked out at the gumball machine, make sure the size doesn't overwhelm you (not-too-huge ovals elongate shorter fingers; large, slim hands can take a splashier jewel).
1. Round turquoise gripped in gold has a Native American vibe. Ippolita
2. Bubbly multicolor stones interspersed with cubic zirconia are lots of fun for a little money. At Tina Tang Studio, $135
3. Like treasure from a Greco-Roman hoard, this peridot oval has a rich yellow-gold setting. Elizabeth Locke
4. The strong geometry of gold bands against blue work well with something tailored. Di Modolo
5. A smaller-scale amethyst-colored ring speaks to the season's rage for purple. Sequin, $68
6. An oval aquamarine version with twisted "rope" setting has the pristine elegance of a man's signet ring. David Yurman.
Martini glass, Efva Attling for Orrefors, $75