Photo: Bob Hiemstra
Shark attack! The underwater nemesis from Jaws is one source of shagreen, fall's hottest, hardest-wearing skin (another is stingray, whose distinctive pebbled look it shares). Be on the lookout for accessories in a wide range of sophisticated shapes and colors. (Clockwise, from top)
1. A trio of rounded bracelets is yours for the stacking. Vivo, $150 each.
2. Emerald clutch (with chain-strap option) has a glamorous leopard-print lining. Mary Norton, $895.
3. Open-toe platforms get winterized in easy-to-mix taupe. BCBG Max Azria, $250.
4. A fabulous, graphic box purse is set with gold ovoids and blackhorn. R&Y Augousti, $810.
5. Faux sharkskin lifts everyday pumps to a chic new level. DKNY, $295.
6. Pebbly green watch strap is a trendy but understated accent. Philip Stein, $935.
7. Power up in handsome two-tone cuffs with studded metal accents. Vivo, $200 each.
8. The texture is simulated, but this orange box has real presence. Dransfield & Ross, $60.
9. A bold green purse is a smart partner for fall neutrals. Celestina, $1,390.
10. Yellow shagreen trimmed in bronze leather gives a one-two punch to this clutch. Vivo, $500.