Photo: Bob Hiemstra
Still cool after all these years, sunglasses in retro shapes and colors let you look back in glamour.
Top, from left to right:
1. In-the-pink '80s-style aviators have a sporty stripe. Fantas-Eyes, $18
2. A mod '60s model frames the eyes with lime green. Face a Face, $370
Bottom, from left to right:
3. Royal blue and butterscotch put a vivid new spin on '50s frames. Cinzia Designs, $120
4. The '70s trend toward bigger and brighter plays out in this gradient-lens turquoise pair. Fred Flare, $11
5. In the '80s, status glasses were all about the details—like the decorative chain-link temples (the part that goes over your ears) on these oversize white shades. Ashby Grace, $39
6. Cat-eye upsweeps with a '50s beat are revived in Palm Beach pink. Lilly Pulitzer, $95
7. Drawn from a legendary couturier's '60s design archives, the frames of these drop-dead-gorgeous specs fade from red to clear. Balenciaga, $385
Wear them with summer's most flattering trend
From the May 2009 issue of O, The Oprah Magazine
We Hear You!