Photo: Greg Broom
In your grasp: Unstructured handheld bags look and feel luscious; pop one into your office tote and pull it out later for after-work events.
1. A spot-on ponyhair bag exudes untamed chic. DKNY, $245
2. This yellow "croc" purse will punctuate your fall basics. Chinese Laundry Handbags, $54
3. A subtle metallic textured-leather clutch has a braided strap, so you can also useit as a wristlet. Coach, $398
4. Chain reaction! Link up with a shiny, crinkled purple purse. Nicole Lee U.S.A., $60
5. This color-blocked clutch has no hardware, so it's clean-lined and easy to hold. Teich, $210
More from O's Fall Fashion Handbook
From the September 2009 issue of O, The Oprah Magazine
We Hear You!