Erica Reid, 36
full-time mother of two
"Shopping is my alone time. I don't want the kids saying, 'Can we go now?'"
- For stamina, Erica never embarks on a shopping trip without water, trail mix, and rice crackers.
- Erica buys what she likes when she sees it and holds on to it for the right occasion. "If you have to mull it over, put it down," she says
- She also rewards loyalty: Erica returns to the same salesperson time after time, which means that even when she's not in the store, someone is pulling pieces she might like or putting them aside until a sale starts.
- When buying something pricey that needs alterations, Erica always lets the store handle them. That way it's responsible if something goes wrong.
- Erica empties her purse at the end of the day. She files receipts immediately so she knows where they are if needed.