Rachel Zoe is one of Hollywood's hottest stylists, having dressed the likes of such celebrities as Cameron Diaz, Liv Tyler, Jennifer Garner and Salma Hayek. In her book Style A to Zoe: The Art of Fashion, Beauty, & Everything Glamour
, Rachel shares her insights on entertaining, jet-setting and, of course, getting dressed. More importantly, she shares the message that you don't need a fortune to have fabulous style. "You don't need to be famous, you don't need to have millions of dollars—you just need to have a little bit of time and really stretch your creativity and really [take] risks and really [have] confidence in those risks," she says.
Rachel shares with Nate six essential elements that she says every woman should own to add a little glamour and style to her wardrobe:
- Cocktail ring: Rachel says every woman needs at least one big, eye-catching cocktail ring. Shop thrift stores and flea markets for inexpensive, one-of-a-kind pieces made from anything from glass or crystal to semiprecious stones.
- Neck scarf or shawl: Scarves are versatile accessories that can be worn in countless ways, Rachel says. Try to find a print or pattern inspired by top designers such as Missoni, Pucci and Hermès.
- Hoops: Hoop earrings in yellow or white gold add glam to any outfit.
- Diamond studs: Perfect for any occasion, diamond studs are a must-have. Faux diamonds are fine too. "Nobody knows the difference," Rachel says.
- Pair each of nude and black pumps: Closed-toe pumps in these two basic colors can be worn year round. Take your pick of peep-toe pumps if you live in warmer climates.
- Clutch: Rachel says a clutch is an ideal evening bag. Pick metallic gold, silver or black, which will work with everything.