Clockwise, from top left
1. Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss Reflect in Draped Burgundy
($26; department stores): A triple winner—nonsticky, long-wearing, and perfectly flattering.
2. Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Lipstick in Stay Scarlet
($22; department stores): The classic red works with most any skin tone—and won't budge for hours.
3. Michael Marcus Lip Gloss in Mai Tai
): Ease into fuchsia with this silky, sheer gloss.
4. Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipcolor in Are You Red-dy
($7.50; drugstores): If you want a pure, unadulterated red, this is it.
5. Victoria's Secret VS Makeup Matte Cream Lipstick in Muse
): A rich, velvety texture keeps this bright pink from looking electric.
6. Bare Escentuals Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Stick in Barcelona
): Use a light touch to impart a soft, matte finish.
How to: Get
the step-by-step guide to wear bold lipstick
Next: 9 dreamy eyeshadows