21 Instant Beauty Boosters
1. Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss Reflect in Draped Burgundy ($26; department stores): A triple winner—nonsticky, long-wearing, and perfectly flattering.
2. Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Lipstick in Stay Scarlet ($22; department stores): The classic red works with most any skin tone—and won't budge for hours.
3. Michael Marcus Lip Gloss in Mai Tai ($22; MichaelMarcus.com): Ease into fuchsia with this silky, sheer gloss.
4. Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipcolor in Are You Red-dy ($7.50; drugstores): If you want a pure, unadulterated red, this is it.
5. Victoria's Secret VS Makeup Matte Cream Lipstick in Muse ($14; VictoriasSecret.com): A rich, velvety texture keeps this bright pink from looking electric.
6. Bare Escentuals Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Stick in Barcelona ($18; Sephora.com): Use a light touch to impart a soft, matte finish.
How to: Get the step-by-step guide to wear bold lipstick
Next: 9 dreamy eyeshadows
1. CoverGirl Exact Eyelights Brightening Eyeshadow Palette in Radiant Blues ($7.50; drugstores): A rich cobalt looks beautiful smudged along the upper lashline.
2. Shiseido Luminizing Satin Eye Color in Solaris ($25; department stores): Saffron yellow is gorgeous on dark skin—see the photo at right for proof.
3. Sephora Colorful Mono Eyeshadow in Tango Night ($12; Sephora.com): This shadow works beautifully when wet (as a dramatic liner) or dry (as a sheer wash over the lids).
4. Flirt! Dreamy Eyes Eyeshadow in Aztec Aqua ($12; Kohls.com): A true teal with a touch of sheen flatters all complexions.
5. Shiseido Luminizing Satin Eye Color in Fresco ($25; department stores): This shadow is finely milled to create a soft blue shade that melts over lids.
6. CoverGirl Exact Eyelights Brightening Eyeshadow Palette in Radiant Blues ($7.50; drugstores): Blend a shimmery beige under your browbone to offset a bold color on your lids.
7. Dior 5-Colour Eyeshadow in Night Butterfly ($56; department stores): This color is saturated, but with a hint of shimmer to brighten the whites of your eyes.
8. Revlon ColorStay 12 Hour Eyeshadow Quad in Wildflower ($7; drugstores): A purple so subtle, it's almost a neutral.
9. MAC Eye Shadow in Violet Trance ($14.50; MACCosmetics.com): One layer leaves a wash of soft lavender; two or three create a deep blue-purple.
How to: Get the step-by-step guide to play with colorful eyeshadow
Next: 6 rosy blushes
1. Guerlain Radiant Blush in Russian Doll ($42; department stores): One drop of this liquid formula brings radiance to the skin—just look at our model.
2. Paula Dorf Perfect Color in Ecstasy ($32; PaulaDorf.com): After you apply this deep pink to your cheeks, pat it onto your lips for a subtle stain.
3. Fresh Freshface Blush Powder in Petal ($28; Fresh.com): A powder so fine it's practically a cream; blends easily into a soft flush.
4. Victoria's Secret VS Makeup Blush Trio in At Last ($18; VictoriasSecret.com): Use the darkest color on the apples of your cheeks; the lighter shades can be dusted all along the cheekbones.
5. The Body Shop Pearlescents Blush Trio in Cool Dusk ($23; TheBodyShop.com): With marula and sesame seed oils, this lustrous blush is truly silky; it's also shimmery, though, so skip it if you have a lot of fine lines.
6. Philosophy the Supernatural You Make Me Blush in Healthy/Happy ($25; Philosophy.com): The peachy color enlivens olive and dark skin tones.
How to: Get the step-by-step guide to wear bright blush