21 Instant Beauty Boosters
1. Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss Reflect in Draped Burgundy ($26; department stores): A triple winner—nonsticky, long-wearing, and perfectly flattering.
2. Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Lipstick in Stay Scarlet ($22; department stores): The classic red works with most any skin tone—and won't budge for hours.
3. Michael Marcus Lip Gloss in Mai Tai ($22; MichaelMarcus.com): Ease into fuchsia with this silky, sheer gloss.
4. Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipcolor in Are You Red-dy ($7.50; drugstores): If you want a pure, unadulterated red, this is it.
5. Victoria's Secret VS Makeup Matte Cream Lipstick in Muse ($14; VictoriasSecret.com): A rich, velvety texture keeps this bright pink from looking electric.
6. Bare Escentuals Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Stick in Barcelona ($18; Sephora.com): Use a light touch to impart a soft, matte finish.
How to: Get the step-by-step guide to wear bold lipstick
Next: 9 dreamy eyeshadows