When you wear a bright color, keep makeup subdued—but not washed out. On dark complexions, a mix of orange- and pink-toned blushes highlights and defines cheekbones. The best way to add polish to any look: perfectly groomed brows. Have them shaped professionally, then tweeze to maintain. Choose a brow pencil one shade lighter than your haircolor. Never use black, says makeup artist Maria Verel; dark brown or charcoal work best. With short strokes, follow the outline of the brows.
To look effortlessly gorgeous, these seven essentials are all you need:
- Black/brown lengthening mascara: Clinique High Lengths Mascara ($14; Clinique.com)
- Peachy blush: NARS Blush in Sex Appeal ($26; NarsCosmetics.com)
- Tinted moisturizer: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 ($42; LauraMercier.com)
- Bright red lipstick: L'Oréal Paris Infallible Le Rouge in Ravishing Red ($10; drugstores)
- Sheer pink gloss: Maybelline New York ShineSensational Lip Gloss in Cherry Bloom ($6; drugstores)
- Brow pencil: Trish McEvoy Precision Brow Shaper ($26; NeimanMarcus.com)
- Lash curler: Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler ($19; ShuUemura-usa.com)
Shirt, Diane von Furstenberg. Necklace, Robert Lee Morris.