1. Thou shalt not buy a tankini.
They aren't as flattering as you may think. You get no real belly coverage, and the top hits at a bad spot. They're just as unforgiving as a bikini.
2. Thou shalt try a maillot.
They're sexier than a string bikini! A one-piece with gathered fabric in the middle is as miraculous as a wrap dress: It instantly creates a waist and disguises bulges.
3. Thou shalt not wear prints
if you're full-figured. You'll only look bigger.
4. Thou shalt pick a sophisticated color.
Neons and graphic designs are better left to young women or surfer chicks.
5. Thou shalt not hide under a skirted suit.
They age you. Cover up with a sarong or tunic.
6. Thou shalt choose a higher-cut leg.
It will make thighs look leaner. Boy shorts are unkind even if you have toothpicks for legs.
7. Thou shalt not bother with a white swimsuit.
It's good for glamour poses only.
8. Thou shalt buy a new bathing suit
every other year. They lose elasticity and start to pill.
9. Thou shalt not even think about an unstructured top
if you are larger than a B cup.
10. Thou shalt go shopping in the morning
or at midday, before you're too tired.
See Adam's amazing swimsuit makeovers and find the perfect suit for your shape!
Plus, 7 swimsuit styles you should avoid, plus more tips for finding a perfect fit