TAKE ACTION TODAY
- Select the person—a family member, friend, co-worker, or someone you haven't spoken to in a long time—whom you want to thank for what he or she brings to your life.
- Choose a postcard, letter, or card.
- Take a few minutes to write a warm, sincere message that clearly communicates your love and appreciation for that person.
- Decide if you want to add any special touches like unique paper, scents, photographs, drawings on the envelope, or a specialty stamp.
- Send it today.
- 175% more text messages are sent each month compared to phone calls.
- 73% of cell phone users say that the cell phone is the most important device in their social life.
- 66% of U.S. Internet users said email was their preferred channel for written communications between friends.
- Every week, the average person receives 1.5 personal letters.
- Feeling appreciated is one of the strongest human desires.
- There is warmth in a handwritten note—it instantly makes the message more personal, creates a more intimate feeling, and makes the recipient feel more valued.
- With e-mail, text messaging and instant messaging, a handwritten note is getting rarer and therefore more special.
- A handwritten note costs less than a dollar to write and mail, and the relational value is priceless.
- The recipient can keep and reread it forever.