If political consultant Donna Brazile were in charge, she'd make a few changes:
1. Bring back the Fairness Doctrine, which required holders of broadcast licenses to present controversial issues of public importance in an honest, equitable, and balanced fashion. And while we're at it...
2. Eliminate pundits from TV. I know—this sounds weird coming from me, a political commentator, but I've seen the way pundits erode intelligent discussion of issues until all that remains is a he said, she said fight between hired guns of the Right and Left. Remove punditry and you'd bring back civility.
3. Cast of Jersey Shore, meet the French Foreign Legion. I think you'll like Djibouti a lot. I know we'll like having you there.
4. End poverty, war and genocide. I don't know how to say this without sounding like a beauty queen, but what is more important than world peace?
5. Ban "booty" shorts. I recently refused to take a picture with an intern who came to work wearing a pair. Cover your ass, literally and figuratively!