Photo: Getty Images/Digital Vision/Thinkstock
Begin by thinking about the aspects of your life that you look forward to sharing with a partner and the way you would like to feel in his or her presence. Here are some specific questions to ask yourself that will help you create and refine your list:
- How would I like to feel when I wake up in the morning next to my soul mate?
- What kind of lifestyle will we lead? Are we both workaholics or couch potatoes or a combination of the two?
- How do we spend our weekends? Hiking local trails, taking in movies or cultural events or hanging out around the house?
- Do we have or want children—and am I willing to accept someone else's children into my life?
Telling the universe the characteristics you are looking for in a soul mate is similar to typing a keyword into an Internet search engine. The more specific you are, the greater the chances that your search will yield you exactly what you're looking for.
To get you started, below are a handful of qualities and traits to consider when creating your soul mate list. Read these for ideas, but write down only the qualities and traits that are really important to you. If you have past lovers with whom you have happy memories (or perhaps you are still friends), think about the qualities that you appreciate most about them, as it might provide a clue as to the type of person you are ready to manifest now. Take as much time as you need to create your list, making it as short or as long as you would like.
How to write your list
- Dog lover (or cat or fish or whatever your pet of preference is)
- Enjoys ________ (add your choice of words: foreign films, travel, chanting, etc.)
- Emotionally available
- Family oriented
- Fun, funny
- Generous (with money, time, affection, etc.)
- Great relationships (with family, children, ex-spouses, etc.)
- Loves to _______ (cook, play golf, bungee jump or whatever turns you on)
- Spiritually open (or attends church, temple, mosque, etc.)
- Supportive (of your career, dreams, triathlon training, etc.)